Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Emotions released whilst posing the frog

We did a very challenging pose the other day called the Frog pose (Mandukasana).

You may recall, I spoke about people holding emotions in their hips and hence the stiffness we all feel around there. Before we got started, the instructor warned us that we may become quite emotional after this pose. Being the impatient person that I am, I ignored his comment and went about doing this pose.

The youtube link here shows how you can perform this pose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTPYjQSJlAQ

For those who aren't yogis, don't expect to go past 2:00 on this video. There are a lot of tightness and hence you should hold the position at where you feel most comfortable.

We held this position for what felt like a good few minutes and it was hard to get out of the pose too, so get out of it slowly, one leg at a time.

All I could think of as I got out of it was "God, that hurt!" but to my surprise a couple of ladies were sniffling! And no, it was not because it was painful but perhaps they released some of their pent-up emotions. Or not......

No comments:

Post a Comment