Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Monday, January 24, 2011

Regular yoga practice saves you money!

Ok, not my words exactly...
This was the subject of the newsletter I get from my yoga studio.

So how does regular yoga practice actually save you money!??!

Apparently, when you practice yoga on a regular basis (3 times a week or more), you breathe more deepily and discover a heightened sense of inner awareness and you discover a slight energetic pulse throughout the body which in turn grows into intuitive understanding of diverse elements that determine your physical and mental states.

As your body becomes lighter, your mind is calmer and clearer. You have a clearer understanding and respect for your body. As you start to appreciate your body more, you will not want to drag it down with heavy foods or alcohol (?!) and intuitively want to nourish your body with healthier foods.
You will naturally develop a sense of proportion and moderation, therefore less likely to gorge yourself on food like that man on "Man Vs. Food" show!

Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. All I can say is I have not seen a fat yogi (but this could also work vice versa. If you're fat, you can't do most of the moves anyway) and as you may recall from my previous post, I found myself (unconsciously) eating healthier and less of the food! And I certainly have no interest in consuming lots of alcohol but I still enjoy a drink or two.

Hmmm...

Yoga anyone?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment