Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sting & Yoga II

I came across an interview with Katie Couric and Sting. She asked at the end about yoga and how he came about it. After giving her a bit of a speal on how he and his wife came across it, he mentioned that yoga probably gave him about a decade or so of his music career. And that is because his lungs are more powerful and he has more energy.

That is a pretty big call from someone to say that about yoga. I don't entirely disagree with it either although the additional 10 years is only for him to say.

I do find myself at times though (especially when driving and thinking about something deeply), that I nearly choke. I found this to be because I forget to breathe!? It sounds very silly but when I'm engrossed in my thoughts (whether it be for business or personal matters), I am on auto-pilot as a driver and don't really think of anything else. I suppose all those controlled breathing in the class actually makes us control our breathing rather than breathing out of habit.

I hope I don't forget to breathe until it's too late!!

No comments:

Post a Comment