Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

karma

I attended a class with one of the male instructors the other day. He is an older, fit gentleman and his classes are always a bit tougher than the others. I'll call him Mr.Tall for ease of reference.

We started off with cat-cow (on all fours where we drop the belly arching the back on an inhale and then curving our back towards the sky on our exhale) stretches and then were told to lift our right knee out to the sides on the neutral pose.  We were then told to stretch out the leg and hold it up, level to our backs. This may sound easy but it's surprisingly difficult!

Mr.Tall is a no-nonsense instructor who takes the practice seriously and believes in going that much further when one thinks he/she can't go on anymore. So, as the class was moaning and groaning in pain(?), Mr.Tall told us to breathe in and breathe out to that area of the leg where we were feeling it. I was trying to breathe air into that area not knowing exactly how I was suppose to breathe into an area of the body.
Mr.Tall then said the Ki (prana or energy) goes to the place that we think about. As I was shaking like a leaf, what he said stuck with me.

As I drove back after class, I wondered if that is why, when one focusses enough about something, it usually happens. Such as the example of The Secret;  Law of attraction, positive thinking etc. When I ask for a spot in the parking lot of the shopping centre (and I am a regular there since that's where I park to go to yoga), I usually "ask" for a spot. Same level, same area albeit it may be a few spaces further or closer than I ask for.. And funnily enough, it usually happens (98% of the times). Of course I freak out and just tell myself it's a coincidence because otherwise, it proves the whole point about how powerful the "thoughts" can be (I am talking about conscious thoughts because I don't know anything about unconscious thoughts. That would be Freud's field of expertise.)

So, today I thought about the whole energy thing again and something clicked in me. I wonder if that's where the concept of karma came from. As an example, a person does bad things and hurt people, the "victimes" then collectively have negative thoughts about this person (anger, sadness, spite, revenge etc) thus sending negative energy to that person. And with the massive force of negative energy, something bad eventually happens to this person....

I wonder if anyone agrees.. ??

No comments:

Post a Comment