Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Sunday, April 17, 2011

What should be, what shouldn't be and what it is

It's been a pretty hectic seven weeks. I've had a friend and her child from overseas staying with me because of her crumbling marriage.

Although the people around her (including me) didn't know the full extent of what went on, it sure doesn't stop people from forming opinions and voicing out their thoughts, opinions and advice (whether good or bad).

After yoga and during our chanting session, my instructor Val put things into perspective:
"Too many of us are focused on what should be or what shouldn't be. Instead of putting our energy into this, we should accept what is. When we accept what IS, life becomes so much simpler and we just flow like the river"

Ohmmm to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment