Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bakasana (the crow pose)

Many months ago, I 'mastered' bakasana (crow pose). It was a personal goal to have the strength, balance and the ability to prop my legs up while balancing on my hands. After many attempts and practice over the months, I struck the pose for a good 10 seconds or so. Although not entirely long I was impressed with myself and went on to looking for the next challenge.

To my surprise, when we were attempting bakasana in class, I couldn't do it. No amount of breathing, concentration and focus would allow me to lift up my feet off of the mat.

Disappointed and curious as to why I couldn't do it, I tried it again at home. Sure enough I lost balance and nearly fell on my face! Think I did some damage to the wrist too albeit nothing serious! And I haven't been able to since that day.

Just goes to show one must practice constantly and consistently to become a true yogi.

Back to square 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment