Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Sunday, May 1, 2011

A day of reflection

For the past few days I have been reflecting on a certain part of my life. It has always been a delicate issue and whenever I think of it, my usual positive demeanor takes a step back and I become saddened. Saddened by what was, what is, what will be and what could have been..

So today I ditched my usual vinyasa yoga and attended a Mind & Body class instead. Unlike a vinyasa class (short, strong moves) Mind & Body clears your mind by focusing on deep stretchy movements, alignment and a lengthy meditation (15mins) at the end.

As we wrapped up the physical part of the class, we were then told to focus on the candle placed infront of each one of us. As we concentrated on the flickering light, we were told to imagine being on a cliff and then on a mountain top. Then told to let go of three things that is 'emotional baggage' to us. The stuff that serves no purpose anymore, the stuff that holds us back. I was thinking about my emotional baggage (luckily I don't have three!) and thought about how I could get rid of it.

That's when I realised I actually don't want to let it go because it was one of the few experiences in my life that made me feel so deeply. An emotional rollercoaster ride that I didn't want to let go because it defined (and still does) me. So however much it is baggage, I decided to just let it be.

Because our memories are what makes us..


No comments:

Post a Comment