Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Body = Mind

Being a relatively physically fit and mentally positive person, I was a true believer in the power of the mind. I didn't take too kindly to being a prisoner to the body's needs and thought it perfectly fine to push myself physically with the mind. It was a: "Just a little more. Come on body, you can do it!" or a "I know I look sick but I'm not. My body will listen to my mind and do as it is told!"

Unfortunately (or fortunately..) one cannot do this at yoga. The poses can be very physically challenging and requires a hell of a lot of concentration. And one must not forget to breathe!

In yoga, the body determines what the limits are. Your mind just simply needs to accept it and respect the body for what it is and what it can do.
hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment