Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Yogic breathing in unsettling times

Just became a witness to a lady who was hit by a car in front of mine. Although she wasn't terribly hurt, she was shaken up quite badly. I got out of the car to assist her but found myself shaking just as much as her! Must have been a sight me asking her if she was ok when clearly I wasn't ok either!

I'm still shaking from it and finding it quite hard to think properly!

Must remember yogic breathing to calm myself down! The way to do this is breathing in slowly, filling the stomach and then the chest. When exhaling, the chest should deflate first followed by the stomach. The exhale should always be longer than the inhale.

Ok, feeling a little bit calmer now.

PS: The lady is OK and an ambulance was called just in case. Good to see there are still decent people out there willing to help those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment