Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A wine lover's guide to balancing poses

After one too many glasses of vino, I struggled to compose myself during some balancing poses. Usually I zone out and stare into nothing or focus on a stain or spot on the wall to help with my balance.
This time, it was not to be!

My leg was shaking during a tree pose and I found myself gripping the mat with my toes. Apparently the toes should be relaxed and the anchor should come from the outer edge of the foot, strong thighs and super strong abs. The eagle pose and dancer's pose was no easier..

I suggest if anyone is trying to do yoga after a few big nights, don't! You may just hurt yourself... 

Damn you Vino!

No comments:

Post a Comment