Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The value of a chuckle

Joined a beginners class today just to review my alignment and refresh my memory on asanas (postures). It was good to see more guys in the class albeit being dragged by their girlfriends (a huge assumption here)!

During the Warrior I pose the instructor went around correcting everyone and one guy let out a huge "Waahhhh!!!!!" as the instructor pulled his front leg forward, intensifying the stretch. The whole class burst into laughter and I think we all felt a little better knowing that others were struggling just as much as ourselves in this challenging pose.

Sometimes in yoga, we focus so much that we forget to laugh at ourselves a little. But I guess the same could be said for our lives.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment