Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Monday, November 1, 2010

Finding a partner

After class, I got to talking with my female instructor. We started off by talking about yoga in general and I opened up to say how much I think it was changing my outlook. I said that I feel as though I'm becoming a better person (more patient, more calm) and that I didn't feel so mentally cluttered.

She then told me about another one of her students who, when she started 3 months ago, was a very self-conscious, shy and submissive girl. The instructor then went onto telling me how much this girl had changed and after 3 months, she was standing taller, speaking with more confidence and apparently even found herself a boyfriend! My instructor said, "I know it sounds all cheesy and stuff but she has changed so dramatically that she's almost unrecognisable."

I went onto add that perhaps through yoga, you accept yourself a little more and by being "present", you let things be. I think when you let things be, you stop putting pressure on yourself. This in turn probably releases pent-up energy and by releasing it, you're more readily available to accept other energies that flow.

This post sounds really quite spacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment