Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Thursday, May 12, 2011

meaning of yoga


Came across Deepak Chopra's website when a friend sent me a youtube vid today.

I can't say I'm moved by the website (I still have doubts about whether all this new age stuff is mumbo jumbo) but I discovered the meaning of yoga!

"The Sanskrit word yoga means union - union of environment, the senses, body, mind, and soul. This union is described in an ancient text known as the Yoga Sutras, written by the sage Patanjali who explains that yoga is the progressive settling down of the mind in the field of pure silence, which is usually overshadowed by the activity of the mind."


Whether we (you, me or anyone) believe in yoga or the benefits of regular practice, it's still pretty awesome to think that the environment, senses, body, mind and soul can unite. Oohhmm

I'll bid adieu here so I can go back to the real world to check on my portfolio and see what the Australian share market did today and down a cup of coffee before I go off to CutCopy concert tonight! Woohoo! I know... not very spiritual, is it??

No comments:

Post a Comment