Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tibetan Healing

I don't know if anyone has heard of this but it's got me intrigued. My yoga instructor, Vicky, spoke about it excitedly after our session today. It is a part of the Mind, Body, Spirit festival held bi-annually in Sydney. This is where all things weird and wonderful are showcased in the exhibition centre.

We were told to visit this "Tibetan tent" if we go to the festival saying that last time she went, she was crying for 30 minutes after the chanting. Apparently, she is very intuitive (and maybe even psychic) and therefore there is a lot of energy on the crown chakra but that her heart chakra was blocked. After this tibetan healing, apparently it was all released.

Whether the instructor was exaggerating or telling fibs, only she knows that. But it got me thinking: "Is this stuff for real? And if people need healing, how do they know they need healing? Do you just know after you are spiritually enlightened that you require more healing elsewhere? Can one really feel a blocked energy? Is this stuff for real (yes, I am repeating myself)?"

So I looked up on trusty old google and found this! The only Tibetan healer who will be present at the MBS festival!
Venerable Lobsang Tendar

I wonder if I have to pay?! And if so, will I just get turned off that everything there just seems to be some scam! Are the ones who attend just people who need some fulfillment of a void within themselves?! If we are truly content and happy and at ease with our situation and environment, do we really need to search for enlightenment?

So many questions and not one solid answer. No wonder I get headaches! (It's actually caffeine withdrawal symptoms)

For those of you who are interested in attending MBS festival:
Mind Body Spirit Festival

Let us all have unblocked chakras! ohmm

No comments:

Post a Comment