Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tibetan Healing 2

Curiosity got the better of me today!
Nursing a sore throat, fever and body ache I pulled myself out of bed to make my way to the Mind Body Spirit festival.


I knew that the venerable Tendar was scheduled to be on stage to chant at 10:30am. Assuming that everyone was as intrigued as I was, I got the front seat 15 minutes early just so I could get a good view and receive most of the energy he may send out! What I failed to realise was that today is a Friday and most people work! Anyway, so he came on and spoke about what we can expect after his chant. Calmness, serenity, centredness, peace and so on. He says if there is an imbalance within ourselves, we are always running here and there (maybe mentally) but not really anywhere in particular.

As he started chanting (sounding as deep as a didgeridoo) I stared at this person thinking how cold he must be in nothing but an orange robe and wondering what I was supposed to feel. After much deliberation I finally closed my eyes hoping to get maximum benefit from this chanting!
And here's what I started thinking:
1. Soy Cappuccino
2. Noise coming from the psychic reading area
3. Australian share market
4. Myself as a monk wearing an orange robe
5. Freaked out by the previous thought, replacing it with an Audi S5
6. Lunch
7. "Why aren't I feeling anything?"

The venerable Tendar paused and spoke of having peace within ourselves so that the calm energy we send out help those who have been struck by natural disasters such as Japan. Whether it works or not, I'm all for being compassionate and having positive thoughts of those who are less fortunate. As he continued chanting, I wondered what the benefits of chanting is and whether it would help me pick better stocks!!

After the chanting, I went looking for their stall. $50 for Tibetan tantric healing.. I was tempted until I asked one of the monks what Tibetan tantric healing actually is.
"It's healing" said she.
Err ok.. I should hope so since that's what it says it is... The female monk explained further that the method is only passed onto a chosen few and that she was not one of them. She said that he (venerable Tendar) would know what type of healing I would need. I was tempted but sessions were booked out until later in the afternoon. Maybe I'll be back on the weekend to get some tantric healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment