Who am I?

My photo
Does yoga help shift the way we view the body, mind and soul?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The progress so far

It's been about 3 months since I started this yoga on a regular basis (average 4-5 times a week). So what changes can I see?
  • Leaner body especially my arms. It almost feels like my arms are longer!
  • Butt is tighter and slightly higher
  • Getting up in the morning is so much easier. I feel light and therefore don't feel like a slug crawling out of bed.
  • Although the body is light, my body feels like it is as strong as steel. Hard to explain because one would think it would have to be heavy to feel strong but I don't feel this way. My movements are much lighter and smoother but if required (in a fight for instance) I think it can take a bit of a hit (could this be from Ki???)
  • My posture has improved. I've been told I stand up straighter than before. 
  • I'm hungrier more frequently (probably from the body fat being replaced by muscles)
  • I'm generally calmer (emotionally and mentally) and less moody. 
  • I have a little more respect for people and less judgmental with those I meet. 
  • I don't feel like pulling my hair out and screaming if the market goes the opposite way. I take it as it is and reassess my strategy (yes I'm bothered by the Irish "debt crisis" and China slowing their growth but what can I do??)
  • I'm eating a little better and it's by choice. Because I have more respect for my body, I want to eat better to nourish it. 
And what hasn't changed?
  • I don't feel like I'm "one" with the universe 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment